Established in 2012, One Cut Vinyl is a highly-rated independent lathe cutting studio based in the UK. We manufacture all our own products by hand, and are dedicated to offering a simple but quality solution to all your short run vinyl record cutting needs. Whether you want a one-off cut or need regular orders with multiple copies, or anything in between, we can cut your tracks directly to blank virgin vinyl records, and even provide the packaging to your own design and specification.
With factory pressing plants requiring minimum orders in the region of 500 – 1000 copies, this can become a real problem for smaller independent labels, DJs and artists who don’t want to be burdened with large upfront costs and storage issues. One Cut Vinyl provides a useful cost-effective and convenient alternative that can get your tracks onto your turntable in a matter of days.
There are several small differences with factory pressed vinyl:
- One Cut Vinyl cuts straight to disc with specially adapted vinyl lathe cutters and analogue outboard. Naturally, physically carving a copy of a digital file onto a durable vinyl disc can never be a 100% perfect transition – so this is not a hi-fidelity, audiophile option. For example, lathe cut vinyl does tend to be quieter, and have a higher noise floor than the traditional acetate/pressed vinyl method.
- Relatively speaking, this is a budget option to enable smaller runs and cheaper overheads. Having said that, we are proud to invest a great deal of attention to detail and resources into achieving consistently great results. For example, we use a high quality analogue audio chain (including Rupert Neve, Charter Oak, Terry Clarke amps, Apogee AD/DA, Adam monitoring), steel plated Techincs SP-10, and have constantly refined our processes over many years with the aim to get great sounding records.
- This is a different process to molding records in bulk, giving the discs a squarer profile, and slightly rougher edge.
- Being able to cut exact numbers to demand, means there is much less waste involved. Our studio is also powered by 100% renewable energy, which helps to reduce the overall carbon footprint.
- These are unique, hand-made, one-off products which means we can only produce limited quantities. We work with many artists and record labels who enjoy this flexible & personal approach, with instant rarity value and freedom from factory production lines.
- As there are so many ways in which hand-made lathe cuts will never be perfect ‘factory made’ products, this ethos does have to be embraced to some extent. That said, we will always do our best to produce the best quality results, and with our wealth of experience One Cut Vinyl prides itself by leading the field with its consistently good quality products. In the past few years, we have been trusted with producing one-off products for companies such as Universal Music, Island records, & the BBC, including some illustrious recipients such as Billie Eilish, Bono, Drake, Stormzy, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi and even William Shatner!
One Cut Vinyl has an established reputation for providing great customer service, so you can be confident we will be there to help with every stage of your order. If you’re unsure about how to place an order, we know it can seem daunting and are happy to help guide you through. Likewise, as cutting vinyl is a notoriously temperamental process very occasionally something will go wrong, in which case we will still be there to assist – which is what you’d expect when you deal with people who have a genuine passion for what they do.
The easiest way to place an order is to use the Price Calculator on our Home page. All payments are made through a secure online payment gateway giving you peace of mind throughout the process. We can also accept orders directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so if you have any special requirements or need advice please feel free to contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
One Cut Vinyl is proud to be a regular contributor to the Secret-7 charity event, where we cut live performances straight to 7″ vinyl. See us in action in the short video below: